Goodyear Highway Hero Nomination Period Continues Through November 29
Nominations for Goodyear’s 34th Annual Highway Hero Award are open through Nov. 29.
The award was established in 1983 to honor professional truck drivers who put themselves in harm’s way to help others, the company says. Nominations for the award can be made here.
To be considered for the award, Goodyear says candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a full-time truck driver
- Must reside in the U.S. or Canada
- The heroic incident must have happened in the U.S. or Canada
- Nominee’s truck must have had 12 wheels or more at the time of the incident
- Nominee must have been on the job – or on the way to or from work in his or her truck – at the time of the incident
- Incident must have taken place between Nov. 16, 2015, and Nov. 16, 2016
The winner will be announced in March at the Mid-America Trucking Show in Louisville, Ky. A panel of industry judges will select the winner from a list of finalists. More on the contest can be found here.
Last year’s winner, Julian Kaczor of Utica, N.Y., pulled an injured motorist from a fiery car.
courtesy of overdrive.com
For a great job with a great company, click here!